1.4 T to TFSI
Created by Fredrik Andersen - Friday, February 3rd 2017, 16:02:14
This retrofit fits the following models:
Audi A3 8P Hatchback (2003 - 2013)
Audi A3 8P Sportback (2004 - 2013)
IntroductionPersonally I think the 1.4T emblem makes the car look old, so I had been considering to replace it with TFSI for a while. The emblem was purchased a long time ago and I was a bit slow on getting the installation done.
TimeAbout 30-60 minutes.
Installation & GuideI had my car detailed last summer at CPH Car Detailing where they subsequently recommended that I purchased new rear emblems, so we could remove the old, polish the areas and install the new emblems.
1) Measure from the emblem to the side of the car and to the bottom, so you make sure to install the new emblems in the same position.
2) Remove the old emblems: Heat the area where the emblem is by using a heat gun, When the glue is just a little warm you can remove the emblem with some fishing line so you do not scratch the paintwork. (Be aware to NOT heat for long).
3) Remove the glue remnants with some benzine or WD40. Wash the area.
4) Polish the area where the emblem was installed. If the car have not been polished for a longer period of time you might want to polish the entire rear bumper.
5) Before installing the new emblems I would recommend you to use some masking tape matching the meassuring you did in step 1. This will ensure you that the emblems are correctly placed.
6) Install the new emblem.
Part numbers + Price
|TFSI Emblem||8X0 853 737 A 2ZZ||8X0 853 737 A 2ZZ||15 €||AZF|
|A3 Emblem||8E9 853 741 2ZZ||8E9 853 741 2ZZ||17 €||AZF|
|Audi Rings Emblem||8E9 853 742 2ZZ||8E9 853 742 2ZZ||22 €||AZF|